Monday, September 21, 2009

No school...

Got some more sad news today. Another baby has died. This time it was a four month old little girl. Her mama passed away a little over a month ago from full blown AIDS and the baby died from AIDS complications and respiratory illness. Another brand new little person is gone. I just have to keep reminding myself that she is in heaven now. I’m almost a little bit thankful that she left so young. At least now she doesn’t have to deal with the pain that living with AIDS in Africa causes.

The governor is in town today and work has been cancelled. Only two more days after this until we leave for Pemba! Wow! THE OCEAN! I am hoping I can find the last of my little gifts for people back home when I get there. I have a couple more things that I need to pick up. I’m going to sit and watch a movie with B and try to spend the rest of my day out at the village with the kiddos. Since there is no work today, we don’t have school, but I want to spend as much time with my little friends as I can before I leave.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what it must feel like--being so, so close to life and death. I'm so glad that you have wide-open ocean to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete