Thursday, September 10, 2009

Baby Day!

If Wednesday is Carrot Cake Day, then Thursday is officially BABY DAY! I LOVE BABY DAY! It’s only the best day of the week. All of the babies from the village are brought in to be weighed and loved on by ME! Yippee!

It turns out my baby mama (mother of the twins and the little boy) has been living in a dilapidated house. We went to see it, decided that it was unlivable, and brought her and all of her things to a new home. Just so happens that this new home is right outside of our gate! I guess it was our way of compromising with her. We will be able to check on them daily and personally see to it that her baby girl is getting all of the love and nutrients that she needs. I got to hold the little love muffin for the entire move! She just coo’ed and played with my keys and my hair. I love her. You all knew that helping me get down here to a bunch of babies was a potentially disastrous idea! Don’t worry though, I looked into it and it’s illegal for me to bring one back as a carry on. :)

Weigh ins were an absolute success. Everyone looked happy and healthy. I got to play with and take photos of everything going on, from the babies to the food distribution. I took about seven photos that I know are keepers. I ABSOLUTELY love one of them. We have one widow that is just hilarious. She is always playing practical jokes and poking fun at her friends. I took a close up shot of her making this great face. I could just hear my mom’s voice in the background as I took it.

I gave out lots of kisses and hugs today. I love that the kids all know me now and that they are so excited every time they see me! I can’t wait to return next year and see how much they have grown and learned.

1 comment: