Saturday, September 5, 2009

Throw the toys & run

I didn’t sleep well last night. I keep playing the past four and a half years of my life over and over in my head. Things that I could have done differently to avoid getting hurt or hurting others, where I would be now if I hadn’t done this or that, and all of the people that I have loved and lost. I think it is just God’s way of getting me to think things through to the point of letting it all go. I’ve been listening to my ipod a lot while writing and a line from a song has been playing in my head over the past two days. ‘So pack a change of clothes ‘cause it’s time to move on.’ I’m interested to see what tonight brings me. Who knows, perhaps I will be totally new when I get home, ready for whatever adventures are headed my way. Lord knows that I have been emotionally closed off over the past few years and hopefully I’m taking the right steps to help open my heart back up to new beginnings!

I went to the market today with S and A. I got two swatches of fabric to make skirts and I love them! One is orange with big purple flowers. B said that it screams my name because it is loud and commands attention! I got proposed to three times too! Haha. Apparently it is every African man’s dream to marry an American woman. At least I’m SOMEONE’S dream! I ended up pointing to my finger a few times, to my rings, and telling them I was taken. I knew I wore those rings on that finger for some reason! I was just preparing for this trip! He even uses the smallest of things to get us ready for whatever crazy situations He throws our way!

We had a pretty bad scare this evening from a fellow missionary, Alison, who is in Lagos. B and I were watching our evening show and we received a text from Alison that said she was very afraid and in danger. B wrote her back asking if she could call and she responded that she had to throw the toys and run. After a few more ambiguous messages, she said that she would contact us again when she knew she was in less danger. The group prayed for her and her partners and we each activated prayer chains via email. Nothing to do now except wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment