Thursday, September 17, 2009

Last baby day

My best friend Joshua’s grandma passed away. My poor Joshua Giraffe. Naz was an amazing woman, one of the wittiest, stubborn and most charismatic people I’ve ever met. My heart is hurting for Joshua and his family, but I am thankful that Naz is no longer in any type of pain or under any stress. I’m sure that her heaven is full of birds, live ones that look like the glass ones that covered her shelves and tables!

Baby day was the BEST! It got to give a billion kisses and took some AWESOME photos! I can’t believe that this is really my last one until next fall! I’ll miss them all so much. I just pray that they will all be happy and healthy toddlers when I get back. Aminat sat on my lap and napped for a little while this morning. It’s moments like those that make me all the more confidant that I am to be a mother one day. My heart was at total peace holding her little body and rocking her back and forth. I even taught her a song! ‘Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes!’ It was pretty amazing.

I got notice today that my younger sister wants to come spend some time with me once she graduates in December. This is GREAT news! I left home when she was still so young, so I haven’t gotten to spend much quality time with her in the past 5 years. Now we have that opportunity! She is so smart and funny. And so responsible. I’m incredibly proud of her. Babysitter for hire!

It’s mid afternoon and well over 90 degrees. Luckily I got to go to the pond today and put my toes in the water. Simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment