Monday, September 14, 2009

Kathryn VS Malaria part 2

I’m feeling better today than I was yesterday! Hallelujah! I’m still very lethargic, but I can move a bit faster and I have kept down oatmeal, rice cereal, and papaya with banana. ‘Man cannot live on bread alone.’ I think that woman can live off of papaya and banana! :)

Everyone knows me well enough to know that I am a total wimp when I get sick. I power through all of the aches and pains, but I am a big baby deep down and all I want is my mama. I woke up yesterday morning and just cried. It’s the first time I’ve felt so horribly homesick and all I could do was pray that someone, anyone, would email me to tell me they loved me. I needed it so badly and the Internet had been down for a day so I was even more lonely than I should have been! Arg!

But low and behold, my prayers were answered in the form of a phone call from Sitka. PASTOR AND CAROLYN! They called at 7am and it was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits. It’s nuts that we are literally a half a world away from each other and the phone call was so clear! Modern technology at it’s finest! I was so glad to hear that my blog is being well received by the people who are reading it! I’m so happy to know that my babbling is entertaining! I promise to put more meat into each of the entries when I get home. It’s hard to write a really in depth entry when I’m working on B’s computer and we’re running off of a solar powered battery! Thank you everyone for following me on my travels. I can’t wait for the chance to post photos so everybody can see the fantasticness (not a word, I know, but it fit!) that I write about when mentioning the children. And the very raw reality that is the village of Balama and her people. I am confident that it will move everyone deeply. I am hoping that everyone is moved deeply enough to want to help! :)

I’m going to assist at school this morning. It’s the first time since Friday that I’ve been able to really function semi-normally. I’m praying that by tomorrow, I’ll feel good as new! Again, thank you for your prayers and well wishes! And thank you Pastor and Carolyn for the phone call. It really was an answer to my prayers.

My love goes to everyone back in Alaska, Utah, Arizona, California, Washington, North Carolina, Florida, Johannesburg and everywhere else that my friends and family live. Your constant support is definitely a source of strength for me, felt all the way across the world.

1 comment: