Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Ocean!

I can’t for the life of me remember what I dreamed about last night, but it must have been great! I haven’t awoken with such peace in my heart since my arrival to Balama. I was literally giggling! Maybe I’m just going crazy. :)

In a little over a week, B and I will be departing for Pemba. I am so excited to see the ocean! The Indian Ocean! B said that it is really inexpensive to rent snorkel gear, so you’d better believe that I will be in that water and ready to explore! I wish I had one of those Baywatch propeller thingys to use. Haha. I can just see the look on everyone’s faces. ‘Silly American girl.’ THE OCEAN!

‘If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.’ Loren Eisley

I totally agree with this sentiment. Nothing calms my nerves or heals my heart as much as being in or on the ocean. I feel so blessed that following such an incredible month here in Balama, I get to spend TWO DAYS on the water. It’s like a reward for working hard!

The next nine days will undoubtedly fly by. I am looking forward to whatever adventures they are sure to bring.

1 comment:

  1. I've also heard that the Indian Ocean is a really amazing blue, kind of like the color of your blog. Let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete