Friday, August 13, 2010

Imagine yourself..

Imagine a woman in love with herself.

Imagine a woman who believes it is right and good she is a woman.
A woman who honors her experiences and tells her stories.
Who refuses to carry the sins of others within her body and life.

Imagine a woman who trusts and respects herself.
A woman who listens to her needs and desires.
Who meets them with tenderness and grace.

Imagine a woman who authors her own life.
A woman who exerts, initiates, and moves on her own behalf.
Who refueses to surrender except to her truest self and wisest voice.

Imagine a woman who names her own Gods.
A woman who imagines the divine in her image and likeness.
Who designs her own spirituality and allows it to inform her daily life.

Imagine a woman in love with her own body.
A woman who believe her body is enough, Just as it is.
Who celebrates her body's rhythms and cycles as an exquisite resource.

Imagine a woman who honors the body of the Goddess in her changing body.
A woman who celebrates the accumulation of her years and her wisdom.
Who refuses to use her precious life energy disguising the changes in her.

Imagine a woman who values the women in her life.
A woman who sits in circles of women.
Who is reminded of the truth about herself when she forgets.

IMAGINE YOURSELF AS THIS WOMAN.

-Patricia Lynn Reilly

I have officially checked off two more items on my Charleston To-Do List!! Numeros 1 and 19!! Yay!

I was just going through a few older blogs (think Myspace... haha. Ancient history!) and found that I had posted this poem. It's funny because anyone who knows me very well knows that I have part of a Maya Angelou poem tattooed on my ribs.. "It's in the reach of my arms, the span of my hips, the stride of my step, the curl of my lips, I am a woman phenomenally, phenomenal woman, that's me." This is another one of those good 'I am woman, hear me roar!' poems and I just thought I'd share it with you.

For any of my sisters who are having a rough time right now (life, love, money, kids, faith, etc..) I hope you remember to tell yourself how phenomenal you truly are. Each and every one of you. You are the daughters of an EVER-LOVING God. Put your trust in Him and remind yourself that He doesn't make mistakes. Love you.

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE this poem. I've never heard it 'til now. Thank you for sharing! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome so much!! I thought it was totally a poem that the women in my life needed to hear. It seems as though each of us is going through some pretty meaningful trials currently.. Hoping this is a little reminder of love. :)

    I so appreciate you and your comments. xoxo

    ReplyDelete